Daytime Emergency Care
Contact Brentwood Veterinary Clinic
Brentwood Emergency Veterinary Services
If your pet is experiencing any symptoms or behaviors that you are concerned about, contact our office right away, or the after-hours emergency pet hospital location above.
The reliable and compassionate team at Brentwood Veterinary Clinic offers veterinary care for pets in most emergency situations. Animals are our passion, and we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - During regular business hours, call us immediately. After hours, call the emergency animal hospital listed above to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency vet know you are on your way, instructions may be provided to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable as possible. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain, they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Be careful around your pet and safely bring them to our Brentwood veterinary clinic or the after-hours emergency vet location above.
Read through our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency at Brentwood Veterinary Clinic.
- Do I need to call ahead?
Brentwood Veterinary Clinic provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours. While it is always preferable to contact us in advance, we understand that in emergency situations this isn't always possible.
If we're not able to schedule your pet for an emergency visit, we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency vet location shown above.
- When is your clinic open?
We see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday:08:00 am - 01:00 pm
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
Here are some examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe or continuous bleeding
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, labored breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured/broken bones or severe limp
- Seizures and/or sudden problems walking
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with those activities
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea (2 or more times within 24 hours)
- Eye injuries
- Ingestion of something poisonous (such as antifreeze, chocolate, or rat poison)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink water for 24 hours or more
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Brentwood animal hospital is just like any veterinarian or human doctor's office—wait times can be unpredictable.
Since we cannot predict what cases we will see and when they will arrive, it is important to call ahead if possible to find out whether we are able to provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital detailed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At Brentwood Veterinary Clinic we provide overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Most of our patients are cats and dogs, but our emergency veterinarians are able to see other small animals like birds and rodents in serious situations.